Children’s Mental Health of Leeds and Grenville
Job Posting #2021-11
Internal / External
Posting Date: July 22, 2021
Position: Part Time (0.4 FTE) Finance & Human Resources Assistant (Non-Union)
Location: Serving Leeds & Grenville (Brockville office)
Hours of Work: 14 hours per week, flexibility is required, Monday to Friday
Reporting To: Maureen Crawford, Director, Finance & Human Resources
Job Summary: As part of the Finance & Human Resources Team, the Finance & Human Resources Assistant (FHRA) assists with functions relating to financial operations and human resource administration. The FHRA will process bi-weekly payroll with a high level of accuracy in a timely manner. The FHRA will also be responsible for monthly payment of employee expense claims, year-end processes and T4s, HOOPP administration, maintaining the Seniority List, monthly Attendance Management reporting, tracking Leaves, and assuring compliance with legislation for payroll and record keeping. The FHRA will also ensure compliance with the Collective Agreement and other policies and procedures for issues relating to salary, benefits and leaves. As required, the FHRA will calculate retroactive payments, maternity top ups and pension buy backs. Other duties and work on special projects as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, Human Resources Management, or a related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience of full cycle payroll activities and year-end reconciliations;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare Record of Employment, T4 and T4A,
- Previous experience working in a unionized setting administering unionized payroll
- Experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams; and;
- Experience and knowledge in ADP software is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments;
- Ability to prioritize work and handle confidential matters competently;
- Effective demonstration of reliability and integrity;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated excellence in the ability to relate to staff;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Clear decision making abilities and critical thinking;
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills;
- Accurate mathematical skills;
- Strong organization skills and experience working with rigid timelines;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; and
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits in lieu;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Wellness Program; and
- Extraordinary, fun, friendly, compassionate, dedicated group of colleagues!
Anticipated Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date: Friday, July 30, 2021 4:30pm
Please submit a cover letter and resume (files in PDF or Word format) to:
Maureen Crawford, Director, Finance and Human Resources
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (state the Job Posting #2021-11 in the subject line)
Children’s Mental Health of Leeds and Grenville believes in equal opportunity employment and values the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Children’s Mental Health of Leeds and Grenville will make all necessary accommodations available during the recruitment and selection process, taking into account individual accessibility needs. Please advise prior to interview if you require an accommodation during this process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com